French Curriculum Developer – Berlin
Chatterbug is hiring!
FRENCH CURRICULUM DEVELOPER – Berlin (FRENCH NATIVE SPEAKER)
Start: as soon as possible
Chatterbug is a start-up offering a new and exciting way to learn a language. We are a young team composed of entrepreneurs, linguists and software engineers working in Berlin and San Francisco. We all share the same vision and the same dream: we want to make language learning as simple, effective and as fun as possible. Our open-minded approach allows us to question the status quo of traditional language acquisition methods and innovate through our strong mix of linguistic and technical expertise.
This is a job for someone who is eager to expand their pedagogical horizon and revolutionise the language-learning sphere through the marriage of the newest linguistic research and teaching methods with cutting edge software technology.
- Develop content for our new, unlaunched French curriculum (e.g. create live lesson exercises, cloze-type exercises and graded readings)
- Write for our grammar blog
- Carry out linguistic research and inform the development of new didactic tools by interfacing with the engineering team
- Define, plan and execute broader projects and contribute ideas to company-wide discussions and endeavours
- You have a Master’s of Education, A.B. or similar teaching/linguistic qualification
- You are fully proficient in English, and a French native speaker. German is a plus!
- You’re based in Berlin (or willing to relocate)
- You have no problem communicating digitally (part of our team is based in San Francisco)
- You’re fun to work with
What we offer
- A full time job with responsibility and creative leeway
- A flexible working atmosphere where seamless digital communication and remote working is valued highly
- Work-from-home days (if you like)
- A lovely, apartment-style office in the heart of Berlin
- Regular breakfasts, evening events and team jogs
- Free unlimited Chatterbug membership
- Reimbursement of up to €1700 per year towards other language learning expenses
Sounds like the right challenge for you? Get in touch with us via email: