Qualifikationsstelle (Doktorat) Linguistik Französisch, Schwerpunkt: Schriftspracherwerb
Stadt: Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education
Doctoral candidate (PhD Student) in the field of Linguistics / Psycholinguistics for French (M/F)
- Full-time (40 hrs per week)
- Fixed term contract 3 years, renewable 1 year
The University of Luxembourg offers a job position from 1st of March 2019. This position will be financed by the Fonds National de la Recherche Luxembourg (FNR) and will be part of the funded research project “Effects of Grammatical Reflection on Spelling among Multilingual Pupils” (GRASP). The overall objective of the GRASP project is to investigate the way teaching of grammatical reflection enhances the spelling skills of pupils.
The PhD student will be a member of the Institute for Research on Multilingualism, Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education at the University of Luxembourg. S/he will integrate a young team of linguists and psychologists who collaborate closely during all phases of the research process.
The doctoral candidate will work under the tutelage of Associate Prof. Dr. Constanze Weth and with collaboration of Dr. Sonja Ugen. S/he will complete his/her academic education with the aim of obtaining a PhD.
- Conduct research in the GRASP project and complete a doctoral thesis (publication based)
- Conduct an intervention study on grammatical reasoning and spelling in French
- Design and carry out tests and training phases
- Conduct data processing and analysis
- Collaborate with the research colleagues and with teachers
- Good knowledge and interest in written language acquisition and pedagogy (linguistics or psycholinguistics).
- Readiness to approach theories, models and current international research in the area of written language and writing acquisition.
- Very good knowledge of French in order to conduct analyses on the French spelling acquisition in Luxemburg.
- If possible, good knowledge of German or Luxembourgish.
- Interest in statistical methods and, if possible, statistical skills.
- The candidate has to integrate into a multilingual University. She/he should therefore have good command of English.
- Personal workspace at the University
- Close cooperation with the supervisor and her team
- Good contacts to international researchers
- Possibility of being associated to research networks on written language
- Integrating the Doctoral School in Humanities and Social Sciences (DSHSS)
- Attractive remuneration.
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter;
- Detailed curriculum vitae;
- List of publications (if available);
- Copies of diplomas
- The names and contact details of two academic referees (including MA dissertation/thesis supervisor where applicable).
Applications in English should be submitted online by 10th of January 2019. Interviews will be held within 2 weeks thereafter, with the successful candidate being appointed as soon as possible.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Please upload your application on the web server of the University of Luxembourg. The official call with the link to the server will be published mid-December. If you would like to have further information on the position, and the link to the server, please contact:
Associate Prof. Dr. Constanze Weth
Tel.: (+352) 46 66 44 9284