Doctoral Candidate in the field of Sociolinguistics
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education:
Doctoral Candidate in the field of Sociolinguistics (Ref.: F3-070008)
Fixed term contract: 3 years (possibility of renewal for a fourth year)
The successful candidate will be based in the Research Unit ECCS (Education, Culture, Cognition and Society) within the Institute for Research on Multilingualism. Under the direction of Ass. Prof. Dr. Sabine Ehrhart, the candidate will have the opportunity of completing a doctoral thesis in the area of research on the multilingual workplace.
- Completing a doctoral thesis in sociolinguistics;
- Participation in one of the Doctoral Schools of our University
- Preparation of scholarly publications (conference papers, articles, etc.) in connection with the research area;
- Providing occasional assistance in the organisation of seminars, conferences, and other research-related events;
- Providing Prof. Ehrhart with regular administrative help connected to her research and teaching activities (maximum one half working day per week);
- Possibility of limited teaching in a related study program (Bachelor, Master, University of the Greater Region).
Ass. Prof. Dr. Sabine Ehrhart
*Master’s degree in Linguistics, candidates with a master thesis in sociolinguistics or ecolinguistics will be favoured;
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in English and French. Proficiency in German and/or Luxembourgish would be an advantage.
- Attractive salary
- A supportive academic community
- Personal work space at the University
- A vibrant multicultural environment
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter;
- Curriculum vitae (including a list of publications if applicable);
- A short (max. 6 page) thesis proposal. This should define a specific area of research interest and give an indication of the scholarly literatures to be engaged, as well as addressing questions of case selection and methodology as appropriate;
- Copy of diplomas;
- Full transcripts of previous degrees
- The names and contact details of two referees.
Please apply online (in English, French or German) by September 30th, 2015.
The successful candidate should be able to take up the position on November 15th, 2015.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.