Call for Membership Applications Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities
Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities
Call for Membership Applications
Deadline: 29 March 2020
The Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA), based at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW) in Germany and the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT) in Egypt, is pleased to announce its Call for Membership Applications 2020. AGYA promotes research cooperation among outstanding early-career researchers from all disciplines who are affiliated with a research institution in Germany or any Arab country. The academy supports innovative interdisciplinary projects by its members in various fields of research, science policy and education. AGYA members from currently 14 countries have realized joint projects and initiatives on topics such as Arab and German Education; Common Heritage and Common Challenges; Energy, Water and Environment; Health and Society; Innovation; and Transformation.
- AGYA offers its members a unique opportunity to take an active part in the life of the interdisciplinary research academy and supports them in implementing their own ideas, visions and creative projects in the framework of Arab-German research cooperation.
- AGYA membership is granted for up to five years followed by lifelong membership in an alumni network of excellent researchers. AGYA connects its members and facilitates collaboration opportunities with outstanding research institutions in Germany and Arab countries, granting them exclusive access to an academic network of excellence.
- AGYA provides the funding to realize innovative research projects within its interdisciplinary working groups and in joint projects between Arab and German members.
- Members meet regularly to discuss, develop and implement joint research initiatives on cutting-edge issues, with travel expenses for AGYA workshops and conferences covered for all members.
- AGYA offers a range of training opportunities to enhance its members’ academic careers as well as interdisciplinary and intercultural skills.
- AGYA actively promotes its members as ambassadors of science and culture.
- Successful candidates are expected to have a proven record of research excellence in their field of specialization.
- Candidates with strong potential for academic leadership will be given priority.
- Membership requires active engagement. As AGYA is a working academy, successful candidates are expected to dedicate a significant amount of time to AGYA activities and the funded projects they initiate in the framework of the academy.
- Commitment to realizing interdisciplinary research projects in collaboration with AGYA members and other partners is essential.
- Newly-elected members will be required to attend the AGYA Annual Conference in the first half of November 2020.
- Early-career researchers from any field of the Life Sciences, Natural Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Technical Sciences and the Arts are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be affiliated with a university or a research institution in Germany or any Arab country (Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen).
- Applicants should be early-career researchers. At the time of application, the candidate’s doctoral degree has preferably been awarded not less than three and no more than ten years ago.
- Applicants must have full command of English, the working language of AGYA. No knowledge of German or Arabic is necessary.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents in English:
- Application form, available for download at: www.agya.info/cfm2020
- CV, including a list of publications
- Letter of motivation
- Two academic reference letters
- Consent for processing personal data & declaration on the accuracy of information provided, available for download at: www.agya.info/cfm2020
All documents should be submitted via email as a single PDF file to: email@example.com
Deadline: The closing date for the submission of applications is 29 March 2020.
Veröffentlicht auf academics.de am 16. Januar 2020.