Latin vulgaire – latin tardif XV
The 15th International Colloquium on Late and Vulgar Latin (Latin vulgaire – latin tardif XV) will be held at the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities (Munich, Germany) from Monday, September 2th to Friday, September 6th, 2024.
The colloquia Latin vulgaire – latin tardif have taken place regularly since 1985. The 15th edition will take place in Munich. The colloquium will be held in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Latin. As before, it will be devoted to all linguistic aspects of late, informal, non-standard and colloquial Latin (including the transition from Latin to Romance). Papers will be limited to 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes discussion.
The following dates should be noted:
- the deadline for abstracts (maximum 1 page including bibliography) is January 14th, 2024.
- a notice of acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be given by March 4nd, 2024.
- a call for registration will be sent in February.
There are three workshops, for which you can apply, besides the conference proper:
- Current Challenges in Teaching LVLT https://lvlt2024.badw.de/en/current-challenges-in-teaching-lvlt.html
- The Latin of the Vulgate https://lvlt2024.badw.de/en/the-latin-of-the-vulgate.html
- Highlights of Barbarism https://lvlt2024.badw.de/en/highlights-of-barbarism.html
If you would like to be part of a workshop, please indicate this in your abstract.
In memory of József Herman (1924–2005), his widow Marianne Bakró-Nagy and the Comité international pour l’étude du latin vulgaire et tardif established a prize at the previous colloquium in Budapest for the best contribution presented by a young researcher. The prize consists of a diploma and €500. For the criteria of the award, see https://lvlt2024.badw.de/en/translate-to-english-jozsef-herman-preis.html